Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Case File Phantom Book Tour @GoddessFish

Case File Phantom


by Dana Ford


 



GENRE: Mystery Fiction


 


 



In this mystery fiction novel, Georgia Richards lost hope of ever seeing her husband again since he disappeared over a year ago.  On a Saturday afternoon, she thought she saw him at a play; on stage at the Oaksdale Playhouse.  But, Georgia didn’t have the courage to find out if it was really him.  Constance McCauley was empathetic to Georgia’s faint of heart and decided to offer her investigation services to find the true identity of this mysterious man.  Would Constance be able to track down Georgia’s estranged husband?  If he was found, why had he been missing for over a year?  As Constance pursued this case with a combination of faith and persistence, she witnessed the power of forgiveness unfold before her eyes.



AMAZON




It was beautiful inside.  The space quaint, low lighting, enough ambience to make a lucrative business deal or extend a marriage proposal.   Thanks to Troy making reservations, we were seated right away in a cozy booth for two.  Sean placed a marketing folder on the table next to his place setting.  “I’m looking forward to talking about what we can do for your company.”  He said.  His eyes were naturally a darker brown in this low lighting.  I smiled, thankful for the distraction of the waiter.


“Would you care for some wine?” The waiter asked pleasantly.


“None for me, thank you.”  I replied.


“I’ll take a glass of your best red wine.” Sean responded.


“Very good sir.”


Sean jumped right in.  “Did Alex talk to you about all of our services or did he just focus on one aspect of what we do, like print advertising?”


“Well, I actually did not tell you the whole truth about Alex and I.”


Sean perked up to listen.


“I do own a private investigation firm, but I never met Alex through your company.”  The waiter returned with Sean’s glass of wine and sparkling water for me.  We both ordered their chef’s special pasta with a salad.


“Oh.”  Sean thought for a moment.


“But, tell me.  What services do you have?”  I asked.  I actually did want to know.


Until dinner arrived, Sean presented all of the details that were included in the marketing folder that he had brought.  He pitched ways to expose my business from print advertising, to social media strategies.  “Are you interested in pursuing any of these marketing approaches?”  He asked, knowing that he was one of the best salesmen on the Brown & Edwards sales team.


Taking a look over all of the amazing food that was just placed on our table, I also considered the marketing services that Sean had presented.  “Let me think about it.”  I responded.


“You had the same hesitation when we met the other day.  What exactly are you thinking about?”  He returned like a true salesman.


 



It is my pleasure to feature Dana Ford, author of Case File Phantom, on Room With Books.


Please tell us about yourself.


Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?


I have been writing stories since I was in elementary school. My best friend and I would have sleepovers and write short stories through the night.  Her reaction to my writing encouraged me to become a writer.


Do you do a job in addition to writing and would you tell us more about it?


I write for fun on my spare time, usually on the weekends.  I also have a day job in a large corporation.


How would you summarize this book in less than 20 words?


Twists and turns that keep you reading laced with a lesson in forgiveness and learning how to forget the past.


Now, let’s talk about writing and how you came to be a published author.


When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?


I have been writing for fun since elementary school, also was a journalist for my local newspaper.


How long did it take to get your first book published?


The publishing process took about 4-6 months.


How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to “The End”?


That depends in a variety of factors, how much time can be dedicated to writing, how developed the plot is, or how easy is it to find your “mojo”.  When all of the above is clicking for me, I have finished a book in 6-8 months.


What can we expect from you in the future? More of the same genre? Books of a different genre?


The next novel is another case file.  The plot for this one is introduced in the last chapter of Case File Phantom.


Who is your favorite character from your books and why are they your favorite?


In Case File Phantom, my favorite character is Michael Woods.  He is authentic, compassionate, and a great friend.


What is your routine for writing?


Writing for me is fun.  I usually write on the weekends while at home.  I can be in any room to write and prefer to be near a window with natural light coming through.


Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?


It depends.  The titles for my books have come randomly.  Sometimes before I begin writing, or while I’m writing.


Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books?


The hidden message in this book is the power of forgiveness.


Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?


Paperback


Do you read all the reviews of your books?


Yes


That’s enough of the serious business. How about a handful of fun questions?


What is your favorite food? I don’t have a favorite food, but my favorite meal of the day is breakfast.


Who is your favorite singer or group? Whitney Houston


What is your favorite color? Purple


What is your ideal getaway dream vacation? A couples’ resort with my husband – anywhere.


Thank you for spending time with us at Room With Books. I appreciate your time and wish you the best with your book. I hope you will come back again!


 



Dana Ford has enjoyed writing stories since she can remember.  She has penned several books and has found a new love in writing mystery fiction.  Her favorite hobbies besides writing is watching old movies, volunteering in her community, and spending precious moments with her family.



cmccauleycasefiles.com



Dana Ford will be awarding a $50 Amazon/B&N gift card to a randomly drawn winner via Rafflecopter during the tour.


a Rafflecopter giveaway


No comments:

Post a Comment